Instructions on how to install ink tank system for Brother cartridge LC161, LC163, LC563, LC569XL, LC565XL, LC261, LC263:
- Remove the original cartridges from the printer.
- Transfer of chips: slowly peel off the chip from the original cartridges.
- Slide the chip into the chip slot on the refillable cartridges.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 for all colours.
- Insert the refillable cartridges into the printer – starting from black, follow by the rest of the colours
- Close the printer cover.
- If one of the colours cannot be detected, remove all the cartridges from the printer.
- Push the sensor on the cartridge slowly by using a screwdriver.
- Insert all the cartridges back into the printer. Close the printer cover.
- Tape the ink tank system on the same level as the printer. (Note: Do not place the ink tank system higher or lower than the printer.)
- After installing the refillable cartridges, the printer screen will always show “Cannot Detect Ink Volume”.
- Press “x”or “Stop/Exit”button to ignore the message.
How to maintain the printer?
To keep the printer in good state and to prevent the print head from clogging, users are advised to keep the machine on even when not in use. When the printer is on, it will periodically clean its print head to maintain print quality.